We are so blessed with the wonderful community that surrounds us here at Family Promise Rochester. The holidays have so much more meaning when we see the joy in the eyes of the children who will spend this holiday season in a warm home with a supportive community around them.
- The shining faces of a 6-year-old guest as she gets ready to move out of our shelter program and announces, “I have a home now!”
- A 5-year-old past guest who stops by to visit: “The big white house; that was home for a while”
- Our program graduates who return to our Life Skills classes and encourage new families saying things like, “You’ve got this,” and “I remember being exactly where you are and know you can do this!”
- The churches who believed so strongly in our mission that they picked up an additional host week; not just once or twice but multiple times this year!
- A Family Promise guest saying: “Before coming to Family Promise Rochester, I felt helpless. After being at Family Promise, I feel unstoppable!”
- Our recently created partnership to grow our Life Skills program to include skills for the children as well as their parents.
- 10,000 hours of volunteer service to Family Promise Rochester and our Interfaith Hospitality program in 2018.
- A program guest who told us: “Family Promise Rochester helped them to see, they were looking for a hand-up not a hand-out.”
- A family’s thank you to Family Promise Rochester: “I can breathe again; I have peace. I can concentrate on things that are positive; that help me move in the right direction.”
- After three floods at the Day Center, we are still afloat.
- Although we have put our capital campaign on hold, we continue to look for a new location for our Day Center with the amazing support that we received on our journey toward a permanent site.
- As of the end of October, we have served 10 more families than previous years!
Family Promise Rochester’s vision is a community in which every family has a home, a livelihood, and the chance to build a better future. You can help make that possible. This year, as you celebrate the holiday season, please take a moment to remember the families we have served and the many more who will come through our program in the coming weeks.
We deeply appreciate the many ways that you give to Family Promise Rochester, whether you are a volunteer, a host site, a partner church, a sponsorship organization or a financial supporter.
If you are looking to make a contribution during this season of giving, Family Promise Rochester would appreciate being on your giving list. You can donate on our website or via check, mailed to the Family Promise Day Center at 811 7th St NW, Rochester, MN 55901.
Blessings to you at this season of joy,
Staff and Board of Family Promise Rochester